Even better than the real thing…

Sorry for the U2 reference but as I was thinking about this post that is the song that came to mind (now I’m showing my age).

You see, technology is not without its glitches but neither is teaching without technology. This week we finished up an art project that involved manipulating wire and masking tape into the shape of a person. Here is the image that I took my inspiration from (found on Pinterest).

image

I bought the materials, followed the instructions but it seems I chose the masking tape that doesn’t stick!  I was lucky enough to have Alison (Cobi’s mum) come in and help and at the end of the lesson we discussed ways to improve on our sorry half unstuck sculptures.

The solution….. electrical tape. Not only did it have great stick, it meant I could skip the painting step (which I had run out of time for). In my opinion they look… yes… “even better than the real thing”.

imageimageimageimage

On reflection, this is summing up our experiences with the BYOD class so far. We are trying new things and sometimes the masking tape is not sticking, but it is leading us to find technology solutions that are quicker, easier and more creative than the original approach.

image